Zhongshan Mountain National Park
Zhongshan Mountain National Park is the most famous tourist attraction in Nanjing, consisting of 3 major scenic areas- Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum Scenic Area, Ming Tomb Scenic Area and Linggu Scenic Area, covering more than 50 scenic spots including Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum, Ming Tomb, Linggu Temple, Meiling Palace, Music Stage etc. All these scenic spots are situated in the winding Purple Mountain, where you may find the harmonious co-existence of the natural beauty and the diversifed cultures of the Six Dynasties, Ming Dynasty, Republic of China and Buddhism. It is a must-go place for first-time tourists to Nanjing.
It's also a photography paradise for shutterbugs. The best places for autumn photography include Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum, Liuhui Pavilion, Nanjing Botanical Garden Mem. Sun Yat-Sen, the Sacred Way of Ming Tomb and Linggu Temple.
Traffic in the Scenic Area:
There are scenic trains traveling to and fro between Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum and Ming Xiaoling Mausoleum (CNY 10/person). Visitors who have bought tickets/ticket packages can take it free of charge. Visitors may also rent a battery car with 8-10 seats to have a guided tour to any scenic spot in the Dr. Sun Yat-sen’s Mausoleum Scenic Area and the Ming Tomb Scenic Area.
Route of the scenic train:
- Ming Tomb (Muxuyuan) Parking Lot - Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum (Stop at Square City, Meiling Palace, Ming Tomb Museum, Undersea World);
- Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum Parking Lot (Donggou Parking Lot) - Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum;
- Linggu Temple - Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum;
- The Golden Water Bridge of Ming Tomb - Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum;
- Linggu Temple - Golden Water Bridge.
- Take Bus No. 20, 203 to Ming Tom Station
- Take Tour Bus Line 1 to Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum South Station, and walk for about 1100 meters
Zhongshan Mountain National Park is open all day. The opening hours of different scenic spots inside the park are slightly different. For details, please refer to the notice of each scenic spot.
- Ticket package (Ming Tomb + Meiling Palace + Music Stage + Linggu Scenic Area): CNY 100/person
- Ming Tomb: CNY 70/person
- Linggu Scenic Area: CNY 35/person
- Music Stage: CNY 10/person
- Meiling Palace: CNY 35/person
- Sun Yat-sen Mausoleum: Free. Visitors must visit the official website and reserve online in advance.